CLICK THESE BANNER

Monday 22 July 2013

I’m dying to meet Mandela – Emenike

Returnee Super Eagles’ striker, Emmanuel Emenike, yesterday revealed his wish to meet hospitalised former South African President Nelson Mandela as Nigeria prepares to face Bafana Bafana in the Mandela Challenge at Moses Mabhida Stadium, Durban on August 14.
The Nigeria striker who was top scorer at the 2013 Nations Cup in South Africa, who is in the 20-man list released by Eagles Coach, Stephen Keshi, last week for the Durban game, had failed to meet the anti-apartheid icon during the 2013 AFCON although he described the sage as his hero.
“I thought Nelson Mandela was going to witness the AFCON medal and trophy presentation, so that I will meet him one-on-one and get a handshake from him, but it was not to be,” Emenike said yesterday, according to MTNFootball.com.
“Mandela is a leader you will always remember for his goodwill and he’s a man of the people and the most loving former president by his people and Africa as a whole.
“Besides, I love South Africans as they helped me a lot in terms of my football development to get a breakthrough to Europe and that has really propelled me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment